|Vintage Tricel dress (Banardos), Fake fur collar (Remade from a jumble sale cardi)|
Fancy a big up-do like mine? Here's how I do it:
- Raid your underwear drawer for an odd sock that matches your own hair colour.
- Double over the open end of the sock.
- Hand-sew the open part closed.
- Attach velcro to either end of the sock. If you're feeling lazy you can sew both ends together so that the sock forms a circle, but it's much easier to use if you can open and close the doughnut on top of your head.
- There you have it, a hand-made doughnut - bigger than a shop bought one and for free, too.
- Part your ponytail in the centre.
- Ensure the doughnut is covered with hair and no fabric is visible and tuck the hair ends beneath the doughnut.
|Ring ( From the gorgeous Sarah)|
- Secure with grips and attach an optional bow.
|Hair bow (handmade by my dear Helga) 1960's dress (Banardos) Earrings (Xmas Present)|
|1960's leather trench (Cancer Research) Vintage velvet bow tie (Salvation Army)|
This style works best with unwashed hair.