I've made another pair of patchwork curtains today. It's nearly killed me slaving away on the sewing machine in my glass-roofed workroom but at least I've sweated away a fair few of the toxins lurking in my body from a week of heady excesses.
These are now pride of place in the lounge. Stephen Squirrel's just peeking out on the right-hand side of the picture. He's rather bemused with the new arrangement. The Lloyd Loom chair and 1960's art glass are all car boot sale buys.
Today's car boot sale finds included a rather battered vintage leather suitcase (30p), some new Urban Outfitters sunglasses and a straw trilby (50p & £1), three Indian-themed novels (20p each) and a set of Adee & Paul spiral curlers (£1). The leather cowboy boots (£3) are ideal for Jon as there's a Country & Western theme at CamperJam next weekend.
Inspired by the wonderful Calamity Jem, this hand-knitted, fringed wool poncho was £1 and will be perfect over my gingham maxi dress as my cowgirl outfit.
The fabulous Helga and the gorgeous, Sarah both tagged me with this award last week. I've got to reveal 5 facts about myself, so here goes:
- I have a freakish sixth sense and I often scare the living daylights out of people with my predictions.
- My eyebrows are tattooed on.
- I have an A Level in Latin.
- I've never seen a single episode of Sex And The City.
- The local oddball is convinced that I am Cher, he follows me around singing "I Got You Babe" whenever he sees me and no-one can persuade him otherwise.