Sunday 13 December 2020

The Distancing Diaries - 10th - 13th December, 2020


Thank you so much for all the fabulous comments on my last two posts. A billion apologies for not replying or visiting any blogs this weekend, I'm not sure where the time has gone but normal service will be resumed shortly, I promise!

 So how have we been filling our time? On Thursday morning I did a load of washing and hung it up to dry in the utility room then did my daily Wii Fit workout.We'd just finished breakfast when Jon's phone pinged to let him know that he had a new message, he laughed when he opened it....

Rob, who lives behind us, sent Jon this photo of Frank, playing with his favourite toy in their house. He often disappears for an hour for so after breakfast, he's such a cheeky monkey! They adore him.

THURSDAY: Anokhi tea dress (Bought new from their Chowpatti branch in Mumbai, 2020), Anokhi fabric waistcoat and wine crochet pom pom hat (both made by me), 1960s-does-Edwardian leather & suede boots (£1, car boot sale 2013), green arm warmers (TopShop sale, 1990s)


Leaving Jon with his DIY, as it was a dry day I got cracking with photographing more stock. Taking advantage of the light I took my coat off to show off the true colour of my me-made waistcoat. 


After a break for noodles I listed my stock on eBay (selling a couple of items within minutes) before wrapping up the latest sales ready for dropping off at the post office in the morning. A quick browse on eBay led to a cheeky purchase. 


After a catch-up with blogland, I got my fabric scissors out and cut out some more material ready for another project. 



Tea was corn on the cob served with salad. Later we watched Mangrove, another film in Steve McQueen's Small Axe series. Aside from the incredible acting and compelling story line I was thrilled to see several items I had in my wardrobe being worn by the female cast. There were some seriously cool dressers back in 1968! There's a fascinating interview with Lisa Duncan, the costumier behind the series HERE.

SOURCE


On Friday, after booking next week's National Trust adventure,  I put the previous day's laundry away and popped a couple of houseplants in the utility room sink to soak before doing my final Wii Fit workout of the week. There had been another flurry of eBay sales overnight so I wrapped those before joining Jon in the kitchen for our fruit & yogurt breakfast.


Leaving me sweeping the downstairs rugs, Jon headed off to the post office, popping into the supermarket on the way home. By the time he was back - caught up with the Xmas shopping madness - I'd tackled the mending pile and made Jon a mask with the Anokhi fabric leftover from my waistcoat.


As the Swedish DIY project was complete we took photos ready to share on the blog and then had a vegan sausage roll each for lunch. After we'd eaten we masked up and headed for the clearance charity shop, our reward for working hard all week.

WEARING: Scotch & Soda coat, Rockport desert boots, 1970s cycling top (all charity shopped), Levi 510 jeans (eBay), Hand woven wool scarf (FabIndia, Jodhpur)


We might only be popping down to the charity shop for an hour but in these strange times it's a special occasion and decent clothing has to be worn!

WEARING: Vintage Adini Indian block printed maxi (Charity shop), Silk kantha scarf (Jodhpur, India), 1970s Anokhi quilted jacket & Reiss wool fedora (eBay)


There's a Japanese made cotton kimono with obi and a couple of framed Moghul paintings which were no doubt brought back from someone's travels in Rajasthan. Jon treated himself to a spotty cotton shirt and some skinny fit checked trousers (originally Topman) and I snaffled these brand new Nike running leggings and matching vest. The last time I'd ventured into a sports shop was with my mum to buy a hockey stick in 1977 so had no idea until I checked online that these leggings retail at around £50. Do you like how my indoor watering can matches the ensemble? As I always say, wait long enough and what you want always turns up in a charity shop. In this case it was an item from H&M's 2018 William Morris collection, a tie neck blouse in his iconic Pimpernel design and, as luck would have it, not only in the colourway I liked the best but also in an XS, hooray! 


After photographing and washing our spoils I spent the rest of the afternoon writing a blog post. We had pizza and sweet potato wedges for tea, cracked open the rum and settled down to The Twelve, a Belgian thriller currently on Channel 4's European drama channel, Walter.

Source


On Saturday Jon was up first. He made tea and brought it back to bed where we lay and read until 8am. After he went downstairs to make a start of breakfast I stripped and changed the bed, removed my nail paint and epilated my legs. After loading the washing machine I joined Jon in the kitchen for sausage sandwiches and coffee. 



I browsed the internet and found a suitable replacement for the orange-y pine toilet seat, it can be our joint present to one another, who says we don't do Xmas in style? I ironed and put away yesterday's laundry and got dressed. Needless to say, I road tested yesterday's William Morris blouse. Initially I wasn't keen on the fabric of the blouse but once on, it felt fine.

WEARING: William Morris Pimpernel blouse and vintage felted wool hat (charity shopped), 1970s India Imports of Rhode Island pinafore(eBay), Tarantella of Walsall (bought from our friends G&T back in their vintage trading days)


Leaving Jon to work through a to-do list which involved bleeding the radiators, touching up the paint on the bathroom skirting board & backing up my PC (which meant I was offline all day), I had a tidy up of the borders, cutting down the last of the crocosmia and agapanthus leaves.... 



....and then put away my birthday presents.


Inspired by our recent trip to the De Morgan gallery at Wightwick Manor (HERE), Liz painted me of his amazing designs as a birthday card. She & Al also gave me a ceramic plant marker, a newspaper plant pot mould, some homemade fingerless mittens, a machine embroidered (by her) bag, some fruit leather, date, walnut & Parmesan biscotti and a plant in the most incredible shade of purple.


Jon bought me some extremely posh teas and two fancy tempered glass mugs to enjoy them from, a tooth cleaning gadget and loads of goodies from Lush. Lynn & Philip sent me the Sarah Jane Adams book (I love her), Marcus is a bit of a foodie and gave me the artisan bread making kits, the truffles & rum were from Tony & the rum from Liz's mum, Hazel who celebrates her 80th tomorrow. 


After trying out one of the fancy teas from my birthday selection pack we drove to the local garden centre, which was dreadfully desolate so we left empty handed and headed to B&Q as we needed a few DIY bits. Expecting the worst, we were pleasantly surprised by how quiet it was and whizzed in and out in minutes. Back at home we settled down in front of the TV and watched The Grand Budapest Hotel, I can watch Wes Anderson films over and over again, and frequently do!

Source

Tea was a vegan Moroccan spiced pasty with roast potatoes, parsnips and carrots. We drank rum and cola, watched another splendid Small Axe film and the season finale of The Valhalla Murders, which in my humble opinion, wasn't one of BBC4's better Nordic noirs.



On Sunday morning I was up just after 7am, making tea and bringing it back to bed. I read and Jon and the lads snoozed. We got up an hour and a half later, had toast and watched The Andrew Marr Show. I put 300g split peas, a sliced onion, three cloves of garlic, 450ml vegetable stock, a tin of tomatoes, a generous splash of Henderson's Relish, black pepper & dried parsley into the slow cooker to turn into a shepherdess pie for tea. While I painted my nails, Jon descaled the washing machine (I know, we really do live an exciting life!)

WEARING: Miss Peck by Polly Peck 1960s maxi dress (charity shop), Doc Martens (Facebook selling page)

Tony had a broken shower so Jon went round to fix it (allowed as he's doing essential domestic repairs) and I spent the morning sewing, repurposing the dupatta shawl in which Liz had wrapped my birthday plant, something you can't do with a sheet of glittery wrapping paper.


With a substantial tea planned for later, we had a Belgian waffle with a mug of tea for lunch. 


Liz and Adrian popped round for a socially distanced exchange of birthday & Xmas presents. It seems a shame to use this gorgeous cat tea towel!


Topped with cheesy mustard mash and accompanied by a tin of sweetcorn, our shepherdess pie was delicious.


My friend Shaz asked me about Xmas decorations - so especially for her here's my concession to the silly season....our cheeseplant festooned with some fairy lights nicked from the doll's house. I will stick a bit of greenery from the garden up on 24th. It ain't Xmas till Xmas Eve in this house (and it's all over by Boxing Day) Bah Humbug!

Stay safe & see you soon!

54 comments:

  1. You’ve done a fantastic job repurposing the shawl. And what fabulous pressies 🙂
    We’re watching The Valhalla Murders at the moment. I must say I’m struggling to take to any of the characters, but we’ll press on to the end as it’s only 6 episodes. It’s nice to see Iceland, I’d like to go there at some point. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie! Yesterday was so grim I knew the only thing to cheer it up was Cerys Matthews on 6Music and a bit of sewing!
      I'm glad we're not alone in finding The Valhalla Murders a bit heavy going! xxx

      Delete
  2. As I live alone now, I'm only too happy to forgo the Christmas decoration thing. And I have to confirm that there were indeed some seriously great clothes in 1968 - by the time it was the 80s, people were going to India, getting heaps of fab clothes to sell back in New Zealand. In the 70s, we started to get amazing clothes from Bali here, and this continued until about 10 years ago. Seldom see any fantastic clothes from Bali nor India now, if there are any they are mega expensive. Mostly it's just cheap and nasty knock-offs. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading that Vogue article it was fascinating that the costumier observed that even the cheaper made clothing of the 1960s & 1970s was better made than it is now hence the reason so much of it survived. Looking at the state of much of the modern high street clothing that reaches our charity shops it's a miracle it's lasted six weeks! xxx

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday.

    We've entered a mini lockdown, our idiot provincial Premier values business (especially oil and gas) above health. He will forever be remembered as the man who cancelled Christmas.

    I wish I could sew. Kind of ironic,my Granny was a seamstress and I can basically sew on a button.
    Enjoy the teatowels. Never keep anything for "best" because its too nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Our esteemed leader doesn't want to be known as the Pm who cancelled Xmas so he's decided we can mingle in groups of up to three households indoors for 5 days over the festive season. A lot of healthcare professionals are horrified. Covid doesn't know it's Xmas!
      I shall enjoy the tea towels, you're right, it makes no sense to save anything for best! xxx

      Delete
  4. So it's a rainy dull Sunday here (not been the greatest day) and then you come on here and see a cheese plant decorated for Christmas just for you and well what more do you need to put a great big smile on your face! Evening there Vix! you cracked me up and living in your Beautiful house who needs decorations anyway. Great finds at the chazza and you looked fab for your outing. Love that Liz wrapped your present in that beautiful shawl how clever to make it over into a top. Your William Morris blouse goes great with the pinafore. By the way I am not surprised at all the great feedback on the bathroom. I think you and Jon could turn your hand to any business venture and one of those could be interiors for sure. loads of love and there i nothing humbug about you Shazxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shaz! I'm glad my festive cheesplant put a smile on your face! Gah! Wasn't yesterday miserable? Nice to see a bit of sunshine this morning, proper spirit-lifting! xxx

      Delete
  5. First of all, Jon was looking mighty dapper, as is oft the case, and well, you pretty much always look fabulous but I've got to say, that's the first time I've heard a split philodendron called a cheese plant - I'll never think of it as anything else. Jealous of your lush greenery. Everything here is brown and bare waiting for snow to cover it up and make it pretty again. (although, honestly not missing the snow or the cold) Ranee (MN) USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ranee! Lovely to hear from you. I hope you don't get too much snow. Some of our Spring flowers are already in bloom here, I hope we don't get a bad winter which kills them off in their prime. I thought the term "cheeseplant" was universal! xxx

      Delete
  6. Ah I love Sarah Jane Adams too, and that book is sumptuous, enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she fabulous? I adore her style! xxx

      Delete
  7. I followed your link to the Vogue/Small Axe costume design - I was amazed at the research and detail Lisa Duncan went into to create the clothing. We watched the Valhalla Murders too - not up to the usual standard of the Scandi Noir we have been enjoying over the last few years but still watchable (even if I struggled with the plot holes) for me the only plausible and likeable character was Hákon Jensen, the Borgarnes police chief.I am still not sure who the killer was??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Small Axe series has been incredible. Plot aside, I was really impressed with the authenticity of the character's clothes and it was fascinating to read Lisa Duncan's insight.
      Yes I said exactly the same to a friend yesterday, Hákon Jensen was the most likable character in The Valhalla Murders. The final left quite a few annoying gaps and I was just as confused at the end as you were! xxx

      Delete
    2. My main problem with the Valhalla Murders (and actually several police dramas) is otherwise sensible and intelligent characters suddenly have to start behaving like idiots in order for the plot to be progressed - running into danger without backup, not telling anyone when they have a new lead and rush to investigate, leading to them being killed/captured by the killer. My husband joined the dots in episode 2, I think, but he's kind enough not to share with me, as I never work out who did it until the end. But I do love the Icelandic language so listening to the lilting voices always adds a level of pleasure for me.

      Delete
  8. The story of the photo of Frank that Jon got on his phone made me laugh out loud!! Oh to have wonderful neighbors like that... one of life's nicest blessings. My grandparents were born in Budapest and came to America as newlyweds. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a character! I wonder how many other homes he visits on his travels?
      How interesting about your Grandparents, I'd love to visit Budapest. xxx

      Delete
  9. well done with the dupatta blouse! and the morris one is ennobled by your wear!
    lovely birthday pressies from lovely friends......
    i once visited the old department store were "the grand budapest hotel" was filmed - its just 1h drive away here in rural east germany. if you are interested google "görliwood" .
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beate! I Googled Görliwood and I'm in love. I'd love to visit if we're ever allowed to travel again! xxx

      Delete
  10. No bah humbug-we all should feel like we can celebrate, or not, as we choose and as it gives joy. It's exciting to hear you have sales so quick after posting your E-bay sales. I guess people know good quality and interesting finds when they see them. I love the vest, or shirt waist/waist coat? The fabric got you a lot of mileage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! We're all different, aren't we? xxx

      Delete
  11. That shepherdess pie looks yummy I will have to try it.
    Last night I made Moroccan Chick Pea stew which was so tasty.
    BY the way, I purchased one of your ebay items - a gorgeous cobalt blue dress that I plan to war on Christmas Day.
    Can't wait for it to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need the recipe for that Moroccan Chick Pea stew - yum!
      I wrapped that dress before reading your last blog post then the penny dropped and i realised it was you! You'll look amazing in that dress! xxx

      Delete
  12. A visit to the thrift, I am so jealous! Glad you are doing well with ebay sales. You have lots of people who love you based on all the goodies you got for your birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a real treat to have a rummage! I was very spoiled! xxx

      Delete
  13. You are always full of inspiration. Love your outfits as always, and I'm glad you could do some thrifting. Liz's design is amazing, what a great birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Frank's quite the character, isn't he?
    Your Anokhi fabric waistcoat is the perfect companion to your Anohki tea dress, and what a lovely idea to make Jon a matching mask!
    You'd certainly earned a visit to the charity shop, and what wonderful spoils you got. I'm swooning over that WM H&M blouse. There were some in the same sale I got my WM dress from, but unfortunately only sizes M & L were left which, especially with the sizing being quite generous would be far too large for me. It does look amazing on!
    I've only seen snippets of The Twelve, but Maaike Cafmeyer who plays Frie Palmers is one of my favourite Flemish actresses.
    What lovely birthday presents you got. Liz's card is gorgeous and so is the packing of that range of teas. I'm also loving that repurposed shawl, and what a great idea for packing presents. I might just have to steal that! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank's so naughty - I'm amazed he chose to live with us, it seems like everyone knows and loves him!
      Your William Morris dress is lovely. I've been waiting patiently for something to pop up in a charity shop. Aren't the sizes huge though? Unusual for them to be generous with fabric in a modern garment!
      I can see why Maaike Cafmeyer is your favourite Flemish actor, she's tremendous. It's an excellent series, Belgians do thrillers really well, lots of surprises!
      I wrapped Liz's Mum's birthday pressie in a wool shawl and pinned it with a vintage brooch, I think she liked the wrapping as much as the contents! xxx

      Delete
  15. Ah, doesn't your waistcoat look brilliant!!! Bravo- it looks fab! I am rather jealous of that William Morris blouse- that was my favourite too! I didn't like a lot of the fabrics they chose though- why oh why can't they just use cotton!??!
    I do like your presents- what a great selection! Hurrah!
    Your bathroom really is beautiful. I do love seeing so much of your house and garden over these past few months.
    Mmmm, that shepherdess pie looks so delicious! Oh how I wish I had remembered to pick up a block of cheddar when I went shopping the other day (also a bag of sweets- am now craving them!) - also wishing I hadn't left the bag of wotsits at school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kezzie! That little waistcaot was a quick and easy make, I might have to make more.
      I didn't like the fabric of that blouse at all when I picked it up and was surprised at how nice it felt once it was on. A male friend who is totally not into fashion delivered a Xmas card on Saturday and even remarked on what a beautiful garment it was!
      Our quarantine after Crete was just like yours, we kept having food cravings we were unable to satisfy. I hope a friend can deliver a few goodies! xxx

      Delete
  16. Your waistcoat is so fabulous, love its teal-peacock colour and delightful print and how lovely it looks over your dress (perfect combo!)
    Totally agree that even a visit to the charity shop is an interesting event and deserves some dressing up. Love to see you fabulously dressed and cosy in your quilted jacket. Love Jon's scarf too!. And so great that you found these amazing pieces, including some sporty gear and the fab kimono!. Obviously, my favourite piece is the William Morris'print blouse, and love how you styled it!, looking gorgeous with your pinafore and waistcoat, such a cool ensemble!
    Love that you had (really) personalised gifts!, and love particularly the book (I'm also a huge fan of Sarah Jane Adams). So lovely that your friend wrapped the plant this way, and so lovely that revamped the shawl into a gorgeous top!. You Rock!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! It's amazing how many things that waistcoat goes with, it seems to pick up hints of green in clothes I hadn't realised had any.
      I've got my eye on Jon's scarf - he lost his on the way through Mumbai airport last January and it was an emergency purchase .
      I didn't think that William Morris blouse would look as nice as it did on, I hope I find more in the charity shops! xxx

      Delete
  17. Isn't it interesting how everyone seems to have a routine? Routines are important as they give us structure to our days and weeks. I reckon I could state with a lot of accuracy the weekly routines of many of my bloggings friends!

    I loved your adaptation of the dupatta and your bobble hat is brilliant. Loved all your outfits especially that last dress and what a good haul you got at the clearance shop. The blouse is beautiful; the print and the sleeves especially. And what fabulous birthday presents you got.

    I really enjoyed 'The Valhalla Murders' and did you see 'Spiral' is back on 2nd Jan!!

    Frank is a cheeky little bugger...
    Take care
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the routine! We never used to have one until this year but now I rely on it to keep us both sane - and to know what day of the week it is, always a struggle!
      I bet I won't be wearing that dupatta top for a while, it'll be something to look forward to when the weather warms up! You'll have to keep your eyes peeled for the H&M William Morris stuff, if it's started turning up in charity shops it means the fashionistas are bored with it and there'll be loads for us!
      We're enjoying The Twelve on Walter at the moment. I cannot wait for Spiral! xxx

      Delete
  18. I am so busy sewing for others I never get time to redo for me. I love all your things. SO bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame not to have time for your own sewing! xxx

      Delete
  19. What spoils for your birthday - so many thoughtful and loving gifts. You and Jon look terrific dressed for your charity shop excursion. I think that is one of my favourite Jon outfits. Your new waistcoat looks natty with your dress ("natty", where did that come from? 1950?). I'm really taken with your Swedish wall paper. Do you ever watch Escape to the Chateau? I love it and Angel is another creative person who loves vintage. She once had a print made of the underside of stairs that had originally been in the room they converted to a kitchen as a reminder of original chateau. It looked terrific. I think you would love Angel's style. She upcycles, uses vintage and has so many interesting ideas. I'm sure you and she would get on so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catmac! Natty! I haven't heard that word in ages, it did make me laugh!
      I must be the only person who hasn't seen Escape to the Chateau. The weather's so horrible today I might have to grab my crochet and give it a go. xxx

      Delete
  20. Ahhh, the un-disclosed secret life of cats! How funny. I agree with Catmac, and think you and Angel from Escape to The Chateau would get on amazingly. She likes a good kimono too. What lovely birthday pressies Vix. Great job on the dupatta shawl top. I love pressies wrapped in old manuscript paper, fabric, anything but that awful plasticky paper that can’t be recycled. The plant with purple berries looks like a Callicarpa bodinieri - they look gorgeous all autumn. I haven’t come across Sarah Jane Adams before, what an amazing looking woman. Haha, I like your festive cheese plant. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall try and catch Escape to the Chateau at some point then. A couple of my friends are friends with Angel on Facebook as they know her from a lot of vintage fairs in London, reading the comments she leaves she seems like a good soul.
      Thanks for naming that plant, now I know what it is I can site it properly!
      Sarah Jane Adams is probably my favourite person who ever featured on the Advanced Style blog, she's a vintage dealer and adores India. Her style is like nobody else! xxx

      Delete
  21. I laughed at Frank, merrily making himself at home at your neighbour's. Love your dressy shopping outfits (L and I do the same! Every outing is an occasion!) and look at all the goodies you found! You were definitely spoiled (no such thing??) for your birthday - what a bunch of lovely gifts, Vix! I appreciate your fairy lights! No need to go all-out if it's not your thing! I'll probably have "Christmas backlash" next year and put up nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank is such a bad boy, Jon gets so worried when he doesn't eat and it's because he's dining on pulled pork and roast dinners next door!
      Shopping is the new going out, isn't it? Best clothes at the ready! xxx

      Delete
  22. Amazing what daylight can do for colors! What rich cranberry tones in your bobble hat, new vest and maxi dress! * Good for Frank, finding congenial neighbors! My cat's papa also made the rounds in our farming community where he was welcomed as an experienced rat catcher. He answered to several names, but I knew him as "'Big Mac McBogle', that big tabby from over t'McBogles barn." * Ah, yes, that seasonal treat -- bleeding the radiators lest one's house get a reputation for spooks in the walls. It's almost as glamorous as your planned mutual Christmas gift... We all have our little household holiday traditions, some less traditional than others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I finally managed to capture the true colour of that waistcoat, it went from every shade between teal and navy when I tried last week.
      Big Mac McBogle sounds like a right character. We've started calling Frank, Frankie Five Dinners, he comes back some mornings with a face covered in gravy with absolutely no interest in the food we've put down for him.
      Is it wrong to be excited about the arrival of our mutual Xmas gift? I've had an email telling me to expect delivery at midday! xxx

      Delete
  23. I love the photo of Frank that the neighbour sent!
    You were given some lovely birthday presents.
    I thought The Grand Budapest Hotel was an excellent film too.
    My tree is up, I will use any excuse for cosying the house at this time of year. I'm not into the comercialdom of it all but everything is very quiet here. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe he's got his own box of toys next door? I thought we spoilt him!
      The Grand Budapest Hotel is wonderful, both the story and the cinematography. I really want to visit Görliwood now Beate's told me about it.
      I think we need all the cheer we can get, especially on a day as gloomy as it is this morning! Enjoy your tree and the quiet! xxx

      Delete
  24. We had a cat that was getting fed across the neighbourhood. Probably why he weighed 25 lbs!
    You have me thinking about getting out the slow cooker-it doesn't get nearly enough use. I think there were trousers in that Morris print if you're feeling like going for a wallpaper look.
    I want to hear more about descaling the washing machine-I need to do ours and wonder if there's a better way than running white vinegar through it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank puts on weight every time he goes to the vets, now we know why!
      I do love the slow cooker, it's brilliant for cooking pulses. I've read that you can do bread in them but not sure if that's a bit modern for my 1970s model.
      We've got really hard water here and it's ruinous to the washing machine. Twice a year we use something called "Washing machine Cleaner" through on a 60°C cycle. We use a supermarket own brand but Beckmann the better known one. xxx

      Delete
  25. It’s so cccccccold! I went to the post box just as dusk was falling, so cold and damp. I love the William Morris blouse Vix, and it suits you so well. Also enjoyed seeing all your birthday presents what a great collection. You’ve beat me to it with a string of lights on the Swiss cheese plant,I haven’t even thought about any Christmas decs yet, my ideal Christmas Day is being curled up in the warm with a good book and books is something I’ve got plenty of. Keep Warm and Well. Brummie Sue Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning, Sue! What a miserable day here in the West Midlands. We were going National Trust visiting today but I rescheduled for Thursday as it's looking a bit better.
      A good book, the curtains closed and the fire on is the perfect way to spend Xmas with a bottle of something and a decent film for later. Stay cosy! xxx

      Delete
  26. You did quite well on your birthday! I have a copy of Sarah Jane Adam's book too, and I very much enjoyed it. The cat tea towel should be on display somewhere. That's so nice that Frank can take his toys over to the neighbours and play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was spoilt especially with us not being allowed to have visitors and having to make do with stuff left on doorsteps.
      I love Sarah Jane Adams' book, we've got so many of the same things, it's rather exciting! xxx

      Delete
  27. Gorgeous William Morris blouse, I have a soft spot for pussy bow blouses, and yet weirdly I don't own a single one!
    What fabulous presents you received, Happy belated Birthday!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for leaving a message. Please don't be anonymous, I'd love it if you left a name (or a nom de plume).

Lots of love, Vix