Wednesday 9 September 2020

The Distancing Diaries - Day 172 & 173


Tuesday (day 172) started in the usual manner, with a Wii Fit session and fruit & yogurt for breakfast. After Jon made sandwiches & filled the flask, off we went for our weekly beauty & culture fix.

The destination was Croome, which we'd last visited in March, 2017 (HERE). Croome is in the neighbouring county of Worcestershire, in the shadow of  the verdant Malvern hills, a 50 minute drive from door-to-door. 


Inherited by the Earl of Coventry at the age of 28, Lancelot Capability Brown was recruited in 1751 to make Croome the cutting edge of taste and design. When Brown arrived the parkland was an unproductive marshland with formal gardens outside the house. 


Brown swept away the local village, rebuilding it further away and shrouded by trees. He removed Croome's Medieval church and replaced it with a new Gothic church overlooking the park.  



The formal gardens were dug up and in their place Brown created natural looking parkland as far as the eye could see, complete with flowering shrubberies to walk through, temples and follies to add interest, carriage drives to ride on and a hand-dug 1¾ mile long serpentine river topped with a lake.

WEARING: 1970s Young Innocent by Arpeja printed cotton maxi (online vintage shop), orange fedora (retail buy), vintage tooled leather bag (eBay), 1970s Sheffield stainless steel choker (blog friend)






The Temple greenhouse was Robert Adam’s first garden building at Croome and is a Roman Doric building constructed of Bath stone with a central portico with pediment not unlike the front of the Pantheon in Rome. Adam charged £15 for the design in the early 1760s which included designs for garden furniture, such as benches with Lion’s paw feet, to go inside.  The large windows are replacements for the lost originals and they are designed to be removable so they can be taken out in the summer months. 


The building housed some the 6th Earl’s collection of exotic plants such as orange and lemon trees, birds of paradise plants, cacti, canna lilies and oleanders.


Capability Brown expertly drained the land at Croome by installing a system of culverts across the estate - brick built drains under the ground which fed into the new lake and river.
 





He created elaborate illusions in his new landscape – the river was designed to appear as if it drifted off into the distance around a corner, but in fact abruptly came to an end behind some cleverly planted trees and shrubs.

















At Croome Brown created an original masterpiece of landscape design. This was only part of Brow's work on the estate, not only designing the park but was also the architect chosen to remodel Croome Court into the Palladian style.


I loved these elegant Coade stone sphinxes the first time we visited, three years later I was still transfixed by their beauty. They really are sexy beasts. 










No, it's not a hobbit house (although Jon assures me that it looks like one), it's an ice house.


Thirty years after he started, Brown was still visiting Croome and had become ‘sincere friends’ with the Earl. In February 1783 he died whilst returning home from dining with the Earl at his London home. Their friendship and shared ideals were immortalised in a monument to Brown erected by the 6th Earl at Croome’s lakeside and still seen today.



To the Memory of Lancelot Brown:
Who by the powers of his inimitable and creative genius formed this garden scene out of a morass.
 

As you can see from the photos, we finally had some heat and sunshine. After our picnic lunch we headed home, got changed into our gardening gear and spent the rest of the afternoon moving plants, tidying the garden and rewarding ourselves with a cheeky beer at sunset. Tea was fresh pasta with homegrown basil and some cheese that we realised after eating it was two months past the sell-by date. We survived!

We watched The Stolen Maharajah on the BBC i-player, the heartbreaking tale of Duleep Singh, the princely Sikh boy ruler of Lahore who was cheated of his inheritance by the British Empire. Highly recommended by us - I'd love to know what you thought. 

On Wednesday morning I did my Wii Fit workout before Jon joined me for fruit & yogurt. During lockdown some damp patches had appeared on the bathroom ceiling and the roofer we've used previously popped round after breakfast to re-position the slipped tiles. Anticipating a sunny day, I did a load of washing but the minute I stepped out of the house to peg the laundry on the line the heavens opened so I had to hang it in the utility room instead. 


On Monday, just before Jon & Frank were due to head off to the vet, we were knocked sideways by the sudden announcement that several Greek islands were now no longer in the travel corridor, including the island that we're booked to travel to (which isn't Corfu this year). Research on a reputable travel forum revealed that although package holidays have been cancelled, flights are still going ahead, although travellers have to quarantine for two weeks upon returning to the UK. These forums always have their fare share of doom merchants, posting that travel insurance is invalid and that if anything happened travellers will end up thousands of pounds in debt (some people really do seem intent on sucking the joy out of life). Jon called the company with whom we have an annual insurance policy and was assured that, as we'd taken the policy out before the WHO had declared an pandemic, we were covered for every possible eventuality, even repatriation if necessary. Of course quarantine is no problem, we've already booked a supermarket delivery slot for the day we return. Reassured, we booked accommodation for the final leg of our trip, a room in an old sea captain's house, just above the sea (photo above).


We had a visitor! A lovely lady who reads the blog and is the mother-in-law of one of Jon's oldest friends, from back in his punk days. She'd had a clear-out and thought I might like these clothes she'd had since the 1970s and had been stashed in the loft for years. Aren't they gorgeous?

WEARING: Vintage Anokhi maxi skirt (eBay), viscose sun top (charity shop), 1960s turquoise & copper pendant (inherited from Mum), yellow chappals (roadside stall in Mumbai, 2018)

Jon popped out for a few supplies and brought the sunshine back with him. I pegged the washing on the line, changed out of my long sleeved dress into something more weather-appropriate and joined him in the kitchen for noodles.


I gave the £1 sunshine yellow camisole I'd bought from the charity clearance shop last week a whirl only for Jon to say how good I looked and that I needed to take the outfit away with me. I didn't have my reading glasses with me when I bought it, thinking it was cotton rather than crease-up-like-a-rag viscose - hardly the best travel option - although I must admit that it would look rather good in the Mediterranean light.

I got changed into something else and threw the sun top & skirt on the "possible" pile then cracked on in the garden, planting my bulbs while Jon saw to the peas and gave the tomatoes an organic seaweed feed. Richard, our postman, arrived with two of my ebay purchases...


A 1960s embroidered cheesecloth blouse, made in India for Moaren Folklore (no idea why that arm looks yellow, it's perfect in real life!)and an incredible pair of oversized 1970s West German sunglasses with orange frames and purple lenses. 


Shortly afterwards Izzy, another of our postmen, turned up with my Lush order, Jungle conditioner - soon to be discontinued, Aromaco deodorant bar, Jon's Dirty shaving cream and a 7 to 3 biodegradable cleansing wipe I was keen to try.


I spend the rest of the afternoon reading in the sunshine. Earlier a friend had messaged me via Facebook asking if I had a skinny purple scarf she could borrow for a funeral, which I had, so her husband popped round to collect it and, as we'd not seen one another since lockdown, had a bit of a catch-up.


Tea was roasted vegetables with haloumi, served later than usual as Jon was chatting to our lovely cat sitter, Michelle while Frank maiowed throughout the conversation. Both the lads adore Michelle and flirt with her terribly although you can't blame them , she's tall, slim and drop-dead gorgeous and they are red blooded males.

It's Wednesday which means rum and cola night and after all the worry & uncertainty about Stephen, Frank and our travel plans I think we need a gallon of the stuff.

Stay safe & see you soon. 

54 comments:

  1. I am so envious of the beautiful destinations close enough for you to have these wonderful visits! It is also so nice that clothing found a suitable new home.

    ps. IMO, expiration dates are purely speculative ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We are lucky having so much beauty on the doorstep, shame the weather is so unpredictable (the heating is on and I'm wrapped in a jumper at the moment!)
      I agree with the sell-by dates, if it smells right I'll eat it! xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Vix Jon is right you look great in the yellow top and blue skirt! You look like you were born to be in those buildings/follys in the garden. I'm glad you havent been put off by the naysayers on the forums, just being sensible, doing your research and keeping to the rules generally will be enough. I hope you both have a smashing time and, as i'm sure you will, enjoy every moment of your holiday. Take care, Shelagh XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelagh! I'll be taking my entire wardrobe at this rate. I shall be disciplined and go through the pile over the next few days and stop this madness!
      We've obsessed about this trip for months, Jon reads the Greek newspapers & new sites every day (in English) while I'm trawling the forums for news. I just want to get there now! xxx

      Delete
  3. Good you're still ok for Greece. A french couple told one of my friends that cheese is good after the use-by date, if not better. And if the French say so!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the French say out of date is cheese is okay that's good enough for me! xxx

      Delete
  4. Delicious looking food, marvelous clothing, and wonderful statuary that isn't made like that anymore = a grand visit to your blog! Thank you, Vix, for allowing me to view & read such eye candy in between coats of paint on my bedroom wall. :-) Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Andrea! Hope the decorating is going well! xxx

      Delete
  5. Hello vix , Facebook is playing up again it wouldn't direct me , like john said you look lovley in that orange top , i love the skirt too , i love that ice house too , glad your holiday is sorted hope you have a great time xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eileen! Facebook and blogger don't seem compatible at the moment, it's driving me daft. I'm glad you were able to find me. xxx

      Delete
  6. I am so happy for you that you are able to enjoy your trip to Greece. The new top looks lovely on you and goes beautifully with the maxi skirt. I think it will look even better with a mediterranean backdrop. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jules! What a time to be alive, who knew a break within Europe would cause so many headaches? xxx

      Delete
  7. I was putting the yellow shirt in your travel pile last week for you! I will be making refrigerator biscuits that were dated August 31 as I forgot about them-waste not is my mantra these days. I am glad for all your readers your trip will go forward and we can travel with you once you share your what are sure to be wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you suggesting it came to Greece, like I need any encouragement! xxx

      Delete
  8. Bring on the rum! What a stressful thing to hear when you are the midst of planning your trip! But I'm getting ahead of myself.

    Wow, what an incredible place Croome is! It really does look like it naturally grew that way - that's so much work to do by hand (no backhoes!), but it's so gorgeous. I could stroll through there for ages.

    How lovely of the reader to give you her old 70s clothes! That blue dress with the flutter sleeve is amazing. Can't wait to see you wearing it.

    Vizzini gives all of our cat-carers extra love when they come over. I know he's getting extra treats from them!

    I like viscose fabric, but yes, it wrinkles like mad. You do look stunning in that glorious yellow, though, Vix. I sighed heavily and dramatically over that picture of your soon-to-be stay in Greece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Croome was such a tonic, our garden escapes over the last few months have done us both the power of good. There's something wonderfully peaceful about Croome despite it's size.
      Would that blue dress look good in Greece? Arggh... so many clothes, such a small baggage allowance.
      Our neighbour has just phoned Jon to let him know that Frank had a pork sausage of breakfast! he's such a monkey! xxx

      Delete
  9. Croome looks like a good place for a picnic, lots of greenery, very spaced and well proportioned, Im not keen on statues but the ones there fit the scene and provide scale and balance. Your new top (doesn't look yellow on my computer) is nice, I have one similar with red embroidery. Yellow top is lovely - I hope it all goes ahead with Greece - lucky that you can self isolate if needed on return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Croome has so many lovely picnic spots. You're right about the statues adding scale. I really love the minxy sphinxes!
      I'd love to see your red embroidered top.
      Unless the government do introduce testing for UK arrivals in the next few weeks then we will definitely have to self isolate and stay within the confines of the house & garden for a fortnight on our return. No problem really - we've even got friends offering to shop and leave food parcels at the gate! xxx

      Delete
  10. What a relief that your holiday is a goer. I’m clapping my hands in glee for you and yes you must take the yellow top and blue skirt. Jon’s right you look lovely in it.
    I did a double take with your day out at Croome, I was expecting George Clarke to pop up with his dog. We saw him there on telly. I found the Capability Brown story fascinating.
    I don’t know about you but we feel so glad that we have our lovely home to hideaway in from the troubles of the world. Self isolation is not a hardship. We feel enormously blessed and you’ll have plenty to keep you occupied when you get back anyway won’t you. Enjoy every minute. Not long now xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn! You know that we're not as daft as we look and that we'll be sensible.
      Jon should stop encouraging me - I've thrown so many extra bits on my packing pile that he won't be able to find any room for his own stuff at this rate!
      I'm loving George's National Trust visits. He inspired me to return to Croome. It was lovely how the Earl treasured his friendship with capability, wasn't it?
      Self isolation is no hardship if it means we can escape for an adventure - we've got a few friends offering to shop and leave parcels on the doorstep, bless them! xxx

      Delete
  11. Morning to you too Vix, just checked in to your reply I hope today goes as well as it can for you both. Once it is over drink in the colour of your garden when you get home I am sure nature is healing.(hugs) Now you look fantastic in the very expensive £1 top! lol seriously it is such a good look with the blue skirt. How lovely to be given all those vintage clothes. She knows you will cherish them.That cheesecloth top you scored on ebay - love it (sighs) you are the ebay queen as far as I am concerned. I loved the virutual Nt trip to think it is man made amazing! I thought of you when the announcements came re Greece at leat we know that you will be sensible and quaranting Vix style is a stylish affair. Hugs for today Shazxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning, Shaz! Thanks so much. Yesterday was a day of sadness and regret but it was good to spend time with the old gang and catch up and if I can learn anything from Darren's untimely death it's to live live to the full as you never know what's around the corner. Him and my Mum would definitely told us to go to Greece!
      Aren't those clothes incredible? I was very excited about winning the cheesecoth top, I watched it for ten days and was convinced it would end up going for silly money (it didn't!) xxx

      Delete
  12. Cheese can hang around for a long time in my fridge - I often eat out of date cheese and will just cut off any mouldy bits and eat the rest! Well, by the skin of your teeth it looks like Greece beckons! Another fabulous NT tour. Thank you, Vix. I visited a Historic Scotland castle and gardens yesterday - there was even some sun. Again, the herbaceous borders were past their best but it was a lovely visit and very well organised. It's quite small and there were a few visitors there but it was easy to keep away from them. A lovely haul of 70s' outfits. I'll give The Stolen Maharajah a go. I have such a backlog of TV to watch but those I've recorded can wait for dull, wet, cold horrible winter days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a woman after my own heart, Catmac. I'm not squeamish about a bit of mould!
      The Greek island exceptions were a real surprise but the infection rate is really low compared to most of the UK and there hasn't even been a new case for a week.
      I'm glad you had a good castle visit, you can forgive a shabby border if the organisation and good signage makes you feel safe. Even at the few NT places that don't have one way systems in place everyone is really courteous and thoughtful.
      I hope you find The Stolen Maharajah interesting. It's good to have a stockpile of decent TV to watch when the weather turns grim. xxx

      Delete
  13. I'm with Jon, that outfit is stunning.
    The Sphynxes are indeed sexy beasts! The grounds of Croome are beautiful, if a bit contrived, fancy digging your own river. There's something about sweeping away a village to get your wishes that feels a bit uncomfortable. It is magical though and I love the quotes from around the gardens.
    A real positive about your upcoming trip is that the plane should be quite empty and also the places you visit, so hopefully a comfortable and relaxing experience. Also a couple of weeks to get on top of the gardening when you get back should be enough! Not sure when you're going but hoping you have a fantastic time. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! My packing pile started off very restrained and it's grown to mammoth proportions over the last few days - I better reassess it soon, we've only paid for one bag!
      Croome is beautiful. I wonder if the village that was swept away was run down and tatty and the replacement hugely improved the life of the residents? I like to think so.
      We're (hopefully) going to Crete, an island I haven't visited since the 1980s. The word on the forums is that it's very quiet but not unpleasantly so. xxx

      Delete
  14. You really DO suit that bright yellow top!!

    I'm pleased that your travel plans can go ahead, and I know exactly what you mean about some people being determined to suck the fun and joy out of every aspect of life. Although things are strange this year there is still lots to be thankful for and lots we can do. Looking on the positive side of things is the best thing to do at the moment and keeping away from negative Nellies is imperative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! A colour I never wore as a blonde but I'm always surprised as to how yellow looks on me in photos.
      There's so much negativity out there. Yes, it is hard and terrible but we're still alive and, while I still have breath in my body I'm keen to live it. xxx

      Delete
  15. beauty and art! the tranquility and pastoral perfection of this landscape is stunning - mother nature could´t have made it better then mister brown, he really is the genius of english parks. an you´r looking the part in your dress which has a gustav klimt air to me (he designed reform dresses with emilie flöge).
    how fab are the "new" clothes you inherited from a friends mother! and the blouse and sunnies are chic too.
    i´m sorry for the nerv wrecking around your greek travels. good that now its sorted out positively.
    cheers!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite the nod to the architecture of classical Greece and Rome there really is something quintessentially English about Croome's magnificent gardens.
      I've Googled Klimt's reform dresses and wow! It's all in the sleeves, isn't it? xxx

      Delete
  16. A couple of lifetimes ago I studied the History of Garden & Landscape Design at uni, and what’s generally ignored in the popular media is thaat Capability Brown was a destructive thug. No planning laws, a huge sense of “I know best” and clients with very deep pockets - it maybe that in the intervening years not much has changed 😩

    Your clothing gift is quite lovely - I covet that jacket. xxx

    Fingers crossed for Greece - so cold here this morning we’ve given in and put the heating on for an hour. {{gaaaah-coughing-up-furball-noises}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fascinating subject to study. I was amazed that Capability also designed the manor house at Croome. Destructive thug seems very accurate, moving away entire villages as to not interfere with the view although I did absolutely love what he created - more so than at Berrington or Shugborough.
      Isn't that jacket amazing? I'm thinking about slicing through the front, edging it and making it more of a traditional jacket than a pull-on type - project for when we're quarantine perhaps.
      It's been horribly cold here for the last couple of days, I hope they're right about this mini heatwave! xxx

      Delete
  17. The garden had a very Greek feel to it I must say!! we went a cat shrine today with some girlfriends, I thought you would have loved it it was full of chinese waving lucky cats. I took one for Paul to wish him luck for his operation on Saturday. It took us ages to find it. But I am glad we did.
    I will have look at that documentary when I get some time. Big son is moving back home, as him and his girlfriend don’t like uneo so they are looking elsewhere. That outfir looks fab on you. I love lush but it is mega expensive in japan. And they do weird things to it!
    I hope you get away. Take care and keep safe love to you all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allie! It does, especially that Greek temple I'm posing in.
      I'm loving the sound of a cat shrine. I'm sure the waving cat will bring Paul lots of luck for the op.
      That documentary is really sad but well worth a watch.
      How lovely to have big son back.
      Lush is a treat every so often, they offer free postage if you spend over a certain amount so Liz & I went halves. Loads of love to all of you! xx

      Delete
  18. The Anokhi pale blue (?) skirt and yellow top are gorgeous and go very well together! I second Jon's suggestion to pack them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! I shall have another look at my packing today, the pile keeps growing bigger! xxx

      Delete
  19. I was wondering what would become of your trip after the new restrictions. Glad to hear you'll be able to go ahead as planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been the most confusing time ever, I won't believe we're going till we're in the air! x

      Delete
  20. What a beautiful and fascinating place! And hats off for good old Capibility Brown's ability to make it look as if it has been there all along. A wonderful place to wander and admire. I remember those magnificent sphinxes from your previous visit. Your Young Innocent maxi is gorgeous, and Jon is absolutely right: you should take that Anokhi maxi and yellow viscose top to Greece. Perhaps if you use Beate's tip she mentioned in a previous comment (wetting it in the evening, drying it gently in a towel and hanging it up to dry overnight) will get rid of the creases. I'm sure you'd have tasted it if that cheese was off. These sell-by dates are one of the reasons so much food is being wasted! What a shock about your Greek island being on the list, but I'm glad you were able to find a way around it. I'm sure quarantine won't disrupt your schedule as much as it would for me, so why not go for it. I do hate all the scaremongering out there. It seems some people really are intent on spoiling other people's peace of mind. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Croome is exceptionally beautiful. I don't think we could have chosen a more perfect day to visit either, last time it was threatening to snow and we whizzed around the grounds quickly to get inside the house (no chance of that these days!)
      I was thinking about taking the Young innocent dress with me as well as the yellow top & Anokhi skirt - so many of my clothes haven't had any wear this year, I feel sorry for them!
      Great tip about the dreaded viscose top, thank you!
      The negativity and doom out there is driving me mad, after attending Darren's funeral yesterday I'm more determined than ever to live life to the full. Who knows what's around the corner? xxx

      Delete
  21. Hello Vix. Isn't it funny how time seems to pass so slowly while you're anticipating and preparing for a holiday, but as soon as you get there, you blink and then you're packing to come back home! Won't be long and you'll be sunbathing at one of Greece's beautiful beaches letting the sunshine restore your soul.

    Croome looks wonderful. Thank you for the history lesson. The gardens and little signs are lovely.

    Did you mention cheeeeesssseeee! The humble formage and I have a love affair that goes way back. Absolutely you can eat it past the use-by-date (except ricotta). In fact, many taste better (like camembert) once aged a little longer.

    I'm with Jon, yellow is beautiful on you. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Suzy, you're not wrong there. I bet we'll be home before we feel like we've even got used to heat, sunshine & euros!
      We don't eat much cheese these days - hence the reason we have months out of date stuff in the fridge. My favourite is anything blue veined and a bit mouldy anyway! I've been known to sieve weevils out of flour and scoop the mould from jars of pesto and eat it anyway, what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger as they say! xxx

      Delete
  22. Croome looks fantastic. How utterly beautiful.

    And your yellow and blue outfit looks perfect for your holiday. I can't believe you're going! Good luck! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess! It's a glorious place for a wander.
      I won't believe I'm going till I get on that plane! xxx

      Delete
  23. Must admit your pose, wearing that sweet Young Innocent maxi, standing next to a smiling satyr, gave me a giggle. Croome does sport gorgeous classical statuary. The coiffeurs of the sphinxes (with noses intact!) are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a cheeky satyr! I said he had a look of Jon about him.
      I'm amazed at how good those sphinxes look after all those years in the British weather, certainly a lot better than I do! xxx

      Delete
  24. Another glorious NT garden! So fabulous.
    Pleased that your Greek trip will be happening. It will be a wonderful escape.
    The yellow top really suits you. Yellow needs a darker skin to do it justice, your suntan is perfect.
    When I was a child we had a local cat who would visit every day, have some food, a snooze and disappear, no doubt going back to his home and return the next day. I thought of him as our cat but now I see, he was just a cheeky visitor!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Vix you certainly did have a glorious day for your Croome visit, I just love all those statues, all very classic looking. My favourite statue of all time is Lucifer by Jacob Epstein in B’ham museum, I fell in love with him when I was a little girl and have told him if ever they throw him out he can come to live with us!
    And now we are back to chill again but not complaining as not a thing we can do about it. Loved those clothes you had passed onto you, the patchwork jacket is really something, very nice. Yes, keep positive, enjoy life, even as we get older it can still be interesting and productive, Have a good weekend, I’m going to a car boot sale at our village hall tomorrow, got my mask and hand gel ready along with my loose change! Brummie SueXx.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dunno if I'm coming or going with the new restrictions! On Sunday there will be 6.5 people in my house and they're my children and grandchildren so the .5 has to be included! Glad you'll be able to get away from the madness for a while. Everything's crossed for you and M'Lud!!Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lancelot "Capability" Brown certainly had an eye for creating wonderful outdoor spaces! Those Sphinx certainly are dames not to be trifled with.

    Looks like your trip is happening after all - so many uncertainties and last minute changes in our current situation. Fingers crossed that all goes well. I would take that yellow top with you - just think how gorgeous the colour will look against all the blue and white. The pieces given to you by your visitor definitely look like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely place to visit. I love that photo of you posing in your fabulous maxi in front of that lovely temple. Great photos as well. The skirt and blouse combo is also fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Coome really is glorious! Ahhh, Capability Brown really was a clever man! I love visiting his gardens! We have adored all the ones we've seen!
    You really fit in there- lady of the manor in your beautiful Indian outfits!
    I adore your Anokhi skirt and you really do look wonderful in that skirt and top! Shame it is yucky viscose!
    What a relief that you can still travel to Greece ok- you'd be so gutted if not! Is someone going to water your garden?
    Why do Lush keep discontinuing nice products! I think, and hope, our Montelbano continues to be stocked!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good news on your Greek trip.
    Those clothes from your friend’s MIL, look at those delicious clothes. I adore your yellow and blue outfit, it’s not your normal mix of prints but it’s just gorgeous.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. That yellow top looks brilliant on you - it's going to look fantastic under Greek sunshine. I guess this year the island will be much more peaceful, which could be a bonus. It sounds like you've got everything in hand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for leaving a message. Please don't be anonymous, I'd love it if you left a name (or a nom de plume).

Lots of love, Vix