This was the dress I wore on Saturday night, you might be mistaken for thinking it was vintage but it's actually a £5 Peacock's sales bargain. I love it! The quality, style and vibrant colour all shout sixties Go-Go dancer.
I kept the accessories to a minimum with black opaques and patent platform heels (ex-Faith, local market £5) and dug out some of my stash of sixties perspex and plastic costume jewellery. The huge orange ring was worn by my Mum when she was expecting me, almost an antiquee!
On the theme of pink, I have to say I'm tickled pink by the award the lovely Kel at Silver Peacock sent me:
I've got to list seven weird and wonderful things about myself that you might not already know, so here goes:
- I'm a natural blonde but reinvented myself as a raven-headed girl four years ago. I even had my eyebrows tattooed on in black to match.
- I've had a total hip replacement and opted to stay awake during the operation - a bizzare experience.
- I've had my pet tortoise, Jacob, since the long hot summer of 1976.
- Even though I've been a vegetarian most of my life I'm also a qualified chef and ran several restaurants during my 10 year career in the hospitality business.
- I've ridden across the Sahara desert on a camel.
- My boyfriend was the original lead guitarist for Madchester band, The Charlatans - suppose that makes me a real live groupie.
- I've posed nude for art students.
- The awesome & inspirational Jem at Calamity Jem's Vintage Vaudeville
- Fellow vintage shopper & kitchen goddess, Eleanor at Pretty Much Penniless
- The queen of refashion, Outi at Outsapop
- Source of vintage inspiration, Emma at Emma Peelpants
- Blogging newcomer, Caroline at Carolines Clothing Confusion
- The beautiful Stephanie at Le Blog De Stephanie
- Another blogging newbie, Vicky at Lady Bug Says