Hello! I've fallen out of the habit of photographing my daily outfits over the last few months, so here's what I've been wearing recently (and what I've done when wearing them).
For a rainy 7am walk down to the pool this morning I wore a vintage Panache Indian cotton midi dress (£5!! They're still out there!) with a 1970s needlecord waistcoat and a vintage silk screen printed scarf.
Good things come to those who wait! I fell in love with these
Ten Points Pandora boots on a website four years ago but, at £161.95, they remained a distant dream. Last week a pair (new and unworn) popped up on Vinted for £20, I can honestly say that even with my horribly arthritic feet, they are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn!
On Tuesday, for a day mostly spent gardening, I wore a Naked Generation dress I'd bought from Ebay in 2022 and my recently charity-shopped Adidas Handball Spezial trainers.
On Monday, another swimming day, I wore an All About Audrey kaftan (bought new back in April) with a vintage velvet waistcoat and a 1970s Sheffield Steel choker. This was swapped for a bikini for an afternoon labouring in the garden. Sunshine plays havoc with my photos but it feeds my soul!
On Sunday, to walk down to the Lidl lockers before stripping off and spending the day gardening, I wore a vintage Oasis Trading block printed maxi skirt, a 1970s Falmers denim jacket and an All About Audrey wrap top bought from their website in 2017.
On Saturday for a trip to buy some Spring bulbs, I dressed in an All About Audrey recycled cotton sari top and a block printed wrap skirt (both bought in 2024) also by All About Audrey - I'm not sponsored, I just love their clothes!
On Friday I wore an All About Audrey dress (bought in November, 2024) along with a vintage block printed Indian cotton waistcoat and a 1920s Liberty scarf I bought from a car boot sale in 2009. I also wore some Missoni x Converse, bought for a song on Vinted earlier this year. We went swimming, had breakfast in Spoons and then drove over to the dentist for our bi-annual NHS check-up (all good!) followed by an afternoon reading in the sunshine.
Thursday was mostly spent at home but we popped out to Argos to pick up a new kitchen bin after the bottom fell out of our old one - so not a frivolous purchase! I wore an Amanda Palmer Y2K tour tee with a vintage Forbidden Fruit cheesecloth maxi skirt. The Mexican leather belt, which is tooled all along the length with the word, charro (cowboy), was a recent charity shop find.
What have I found in the charity shops this week? At 2 for £1 the bookshelves in the clearance chazza are always worth a browse and of the four I bought I've already read three of them. White Lightning (a man who returns to his native South Africa and embarks on a voyage of self-discovery), White Eagles Over Serbia (Lawrence Durrell's gripping tale of a British spy on a covert mission within Tito's Yugoslavia) and The Litten Path (set in a pit village in 1984, a family fall apart during the dark days of the Miner's Strike).
Nunslinger sounds mad, the story of a nun who, in 1864, whilst making her way west to the promise of a new life in California, gets falsely accused of murder and goes on the run with a couple of outlaws. I shall crack on with reading it once I've caught up with the blogosphere.
Whilst there's been nothing of interest in the chazzas vintage-wise, these three modern garments caught my eye, a cotton maxi dress from Urban Outfitters (£2.99), a H&M alpaca and wool jumper with the original tags still attached (£3) and a cotton & linen embroidered blouse from Next (£2). Our charity shops are still great value for money!
Remember me putting my spider plants outside during the first heatwave? Well, I've finally brought them indoors, repotting all of them as they've gone crazy. Some of the spiderlings had even taken root in the borders so I'm leaving them to do their thing.
For the last eight years we've gone away just after
End of the Road so it's been quite odd being at home for most of September, the garden has been tamed, the house is looking reasonably tidy, the Kinky Shed is no longer scary and we've finally got around to putting up a retractable line up outside the kitchen door, making it easier to rescue the washing when it rains. (We bought the washing line from Wilko, our store shut down in 2022!)
Don't worry, we do have a trip coming up very soon. I did intend to pack my bag whilst Jon was out this afternoon but ended up blogging instead...ah well, there's always tomorrow!
Thanks for reading, see you soon!
Hi Vicki, it always astounds me what you find in thrift stores! Such great clothing! Definitely lacking here in Canada. Your hair is looking beautiful. Have a wonderful trip!❤️
ReplyDeleteJust back from the annual road trip to visit my bestie/sister from another mother. Crossing the Rockies is always a good drive but this year the amount of tourists was nuts. I understand you save for years to visit but the driving is terrible.
ReplyDeleteGreat outfits as usual. More closeups of the footwear please!
Hi Vix, lovely outfit posts and Audrey's outfits in particular, I am very taken with her (sold out and a bit over my budget) old recycled tablecloth embroidered skirts, I have been slowly collecting a few in hope of replicating. but they are like gold dust in chazzas now so it will be a long project! Look forward to seeing your garden in Autumn, I bet it's lush as you have shade and well established plants. Next trip? could it be a Greek island? can't wait to see and can't wait for the outfit post! we have a trip coming up next month and have to pack very light so will be watching you closely for tips. I don't know how you get through 3 books a week! The Litten Path looks interesting - I have a feeling it could have been a film as sounds familiar. Im reading on my kindle, it takes getting used to , I miss the rustle and smell of a new book's pages. Betty
ReplyDeleteWell done on having the patience to wait for those lovely boots to appear on your horizon, that must have been SO satisfying. Oh, and I don't think that buying a new bin can ever be classed as a frivolous purchase. :-)
ReplyDeleteMy MIL has been able to read again and people are supplying her with a steady stream. Ive a couple for book clubs, but I dont know why, but I feel put off starting. Maybe a throwback to putting off homework. My buys tend to be the nonfrivalous too as I save towards vacations, fun, and property taxes and life insurance, not fun. Looking forward to hearing about your next trip. I've a weekend away. Hope this posts as its hit or miss commenting.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteThe outfits are great. Soft colors, in particular, look so lovely with your current hair color.
That orange sweater you found is fantastic.
You’re a pro at packing travel bags—you can do it in no time. :)