Friday 17 June 2022

A Week of Secondhand Clothes

All systems go! The trade tent, stock, non-perishables and booze are in the van, the Kinky Shed has been reorganised so the gear we need for Cornbury can be loaded as soon as we get home from Glastonbury, plans for an exciting blogger meet-up between festivals have been finalised and the holiday bag is partially packed, ready for a Greek getaway less than eighteen hours after we get home from festival number two. We've sorted out our outfits & I've dyed my roots, Jon's filled the tank with fuel (£130!) & scribbled down a list of fresh produce he needs to shop for and there's the legal paperwork for me to complete and hopefully, at 6am on Monday morning, we'll be on the road to the Glastonbury festival.

Despite the busy-ness you'll be glad to know that I've been wearing clothes, although not today, it's been a glorious 30°C and I've been in a teeny-weeny triangle bikini since 9am. I mentioned in my last post about finding lots of things for me during our stock hunting trips - some are already packed for Greece and here's a few of the others.....


This denim boiler suit was £2. Annoyingly the labels have been snipped out but the quality is exceptional. Along with my silver Lottas, bought from eBay a year ago, I wore it on Sunday morning when we popped into town to shop for some festival supplies. 

These Urban Outfitters flatforms were another £2 find. I wore them with my Lucky Brand dungarees, vintage Ayesha Davar shirred cheesecloth blouse and recently charity-shopped basket for an early morning swim & a Spoons' breakfast on Monday morning. 


I'd never normally entertain the idea of white sandals but that's the joy of charity shopping, at £2 I could redonate them without a worry (but they're comfy and I love 'em!)


On Tuesday, after nipping to Lidl for a Waste Not box and doing a festival booze run, I spent the afternoon in the garden. After a dismal ten days we'd finally got heat and sunshine. I wore the cotton gingham crop top I'd bought in the clearance chazza a fortnight ago, along with a pair of vintage '80s Levi 501s cut-offs, acquired for £4 last week.


Wednesday started off gloriously sunny and warm and I went charity shopping in my vintage Anokhi sundress & 1970s Sheffield Steel choker, yellow Lottas and this woven shoulder bag that I found in a charity shop last week. 


Back at home I changed into my Topshop Kirrie shorts (bought from the clearance chazza a fortnight ago) along with a leopard print bikini top by the now-defunct Dutch brand Nomad Summer and a brand new pair of Berksha sunglasses with the store tags still attached - both of which I'd found earlier in the day. Typically the sun vanished behind the clouds and we had a few drops of rain - heatwave my arse! 


On Thursday morning the sunshine was back. We went for an early morning swim and ended up having an impromptu breakfast in 'Spoons. I wore the vintage Adini Indian cotton sundress kind blog reader, Helena, sent me along with my new favourite secondhand basket. I bought the obnoxiously 1980s-style earrings (unworn and still attached to their original packaging) when we went charity shopping the previous day. The leather gladiators are new (from a normal shop!) and have comfort soles - they're like walking on air.


At home Jon & I repotted a few plants before I retired to the lawn with my book (the last in Len Deighton's Game, Set and Match cold war trilogy) leaving Jon to rig up the irrigation system so our patio pots stay watered during our absence.


This was Friday at 8am and I'm barefaced & dressed for the last Wii Fit Workout before Glasto. Jon found the crop top in Banardos on Wednesday, its from American size-inclusive label, Girlfriend Collective and made from recycled polyester. My Puma leggings were from the clearance chazza a couple of weeks ago - the whole outfit cost £3! 


Here's hoping 2022 will be as sunny and hot as it was in 2019 but if it isn't, who cares? We're going to f*cking Glastonbury!! We'll be in Williams Green (the field with the Tony Benn Tower) right opposite the bandstand - if you're there come and say hi and, if not, I'll see you on the other side!

54 comments:

  1. You always find the absolutely best stuff, Vix. Such a bargainous jumpsuit. You are looking joyous in it. I hope that Glastonbury has the kind of sunny days it used to. It is great fun in all weather's though. ;) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I feel very feisty in that boiler suit, a bit like Rosie the Riveter!
      Good weather would be wonderful for Glasto but I've had just as much fun in torrential rain! xxx

      Delete
  2. Have a great time away.... ironically we'll be heading up to your neck of the woods the same day. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! One day we SHALL meet! xxx

      Delete
  3. Have an absolutely wonderful time!!!! Looking forward to hearing all about it!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greece again you lucky gal! Well, lucky me as I'll read and see your recap. Happy selling, boozing, and hob nobbing with other bloggers. Such fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, our third holiday this year, we are naughty! xxx

      Delete
  5. Have a fantastic time! I will be praying to the weather gods for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to see the van is packed and you're all ready for Glastonbury! We'll be thinking of you on Monday, although not at 6 am. If all goes well, we'll be at Powis Castle that day to pick up our Touring Passes!
    With two festivals - not to mention the in-between blogger meet-up - I'm sure you'll be ready for another Greek getaway, but in the meantime, do enjoy every minute of Glastonbury! Can't wait to hear all about it!
    Oh, and gorgeous outfits: that denim boiler suit is a stunner, and don't you look at treat in that pink sundress! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful Powis Castle! Do send my regards to Colin the peacock if you see him! Safe travels & see you soon! xxx

      Delete
  7. Love when you pull your hair back with no center part! And as usual, rock on and have fun. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness you have a busy period coming up! Exciting though! Love the denim boiler suit! I have worn mine so many times. If I'm struggling to decide what to wear, that's the thing I reach for. Those gladiator sandals look super comfortable too! How hot was it today? I also dug out my bikini. Cue storms tomorrow. ;-) Are you sure you're both going to fit in that van? I know I don't need to tell you, but have a blast and sell loads! Can't wait to hear all about it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be a mad few weeks, I reckon we'll be fit for little more than lying on a beach once we've got Cornbury and Glasto under our belts!
      I love your denim boiler suit, I was tempted to wear mine to Glasto wear to set up but I didn't want to spoil it!
      Friday was gorgeous - Saturday was dreadful and today isn't much to write home about - fingers crossed the weather's better down south - the forecast isn't looking bad! xxx

      Delete
  9. Ah, have you done well on the Chazza finds. I love those sandals! A beautiful set of outfits!
    I'm currently relaxing in the garden as we are not going to Somerset as CBC has caught Covid. I'm fine though. Hope you are having a lovely time with Glasto!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, not again! I hope CBC isn't feeling too rough and that you avoid catching it! xxx

      Delete
  10. You're certainly going to be kept busy! Have a wonderful time. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a fabulous time at Glasto, all your outfits are enviable x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such a fab sense of style.
    Love the boiler denim suit.
    Enjoy the festival and the getaway❤

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo! Good luck at Glasto - I hope you sell oodles and have a blast! I love that you're off to another festival right after and have already booked your getaway to Greece! I feel positively inert next to you, Vix.

    Love all your fun outfits. Dang, nothing at all on that boiler suit? I'm so envious of the hot weather - all my poor warm weather clothes are languishing!

    See you on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could box up some of Friday's sunshine I'd send it your way - I know you're dying to crack on with the Summer gear!
      I hate it when I find something fabulous and all the labels have been chopped out - so annoying! xxx

      Delete
  14. Have fun!!! I know you will. Love all your outfits in this post. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the boiler suit - and still the pink sundress!
    of cause comfy sandals are a must.
    wish you loooaaads of fun and big business at glasto!!!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have an amazing time at Glasto! And a really good chill out in Greece! Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love every single outfit and you are in fabulous shape Vix. A woman in her prime. You look stunning. How exciting I have never been to Glastonbury. Maybe one day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much - my head's massive with those kind words, Jane! xxx

      Delete
  18. Goodness, what a week. I'm tempted to say you've done so much you need to go to Glastonbury for a rest 😄

    No teeny tiny bikini tops this far north - rained yesterday and today it is cloudy and far too breezy to survive in anything than a fleece top and jeans. Seeing as Midsummer is only days away, I reckon that is pretty normal for us 🤪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jayne! We didn't get the non-stop sunshine they did down south - lucky sods! I know you love the heat as much as I do. xxx

      Delete
  19. Love, love, love the denim boiler suit and those super gladiator sandals.
    Hope Glastonbury is fabulous and the following festival too. Envious of your Greece trip!
    Love, Carole xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carole! I think we'll need a trip to Greece after two festivals - we've got out of practice over the last few years. I can't believe we used to do 10! xxx

      Delete
  20. How lovely you've been able to wear teeny bikini tops and shorts - at last! Loved the new boiler suit; the new sandals and the fab bags and earrings. Was yesterday (Friday) hot enough for you?

    Have a fabulous time at Glastonbury, Cornbury and of course your Greek adventure.

    See you on the other side...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friday was gorgeous! I wish it could be 30°C all year round! xxx

      Delete
  21. I hope you have a brilliant time at Glastonbury and come back with a much lighter van. You have had some fantastic buys recently haven't you and you wear them SO well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello from the US! Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog, the fashion, plants and travel photos are wonderful. Have a great time, take lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kristin! It's lovely to hear from you, thanks for your kind comments. xxx

      Delete
  23. Gas isn't cheap any part world. All of your outfit you model, sure looks fun and colorful.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We try not to travel by car if we can help it, Dora! We'd rather save our cash for flying! xxx

      Delete
  24. I love this new modern version of you, trying new things all if ehich seem to fit you and look great. You must have a fashion fairy helping you find such treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Vix love, you are a ray of sunshine. If ever we venture down your way I'm going to buy you a drink or two in spoons... I'm a right tightwad :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Confess to curiosity about Jon's irrigation system to keep the plants watered in your absence. My paternal grandfather was famous for a lettuce/strawberry patch he constructed on a concrete wall using guttering that zigzagged from roof edge to ground. The first run gathered rainwater (supplemented by garden hose) into a bucket filled with chicken manure, thence and downward the gutters accommodated plants in a mix of sawdust and prime topsoil. Hydroponics for the early 20th Century!

    Have been watching the weather forecast for Glasto. Better pack those bikinis! (But not the boiler suit, remembering your hilarious post about why one does not wear jumpsuits at festivals where one uses portaloos...)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Have an amazing time - the weather looks like it will be celebrating too - can't wait to hear how your weekend goes :) x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I hope Glastonbury is perfect for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  29. How exciting Vix!!! Hope you have a super fab Glasto weekend, that the clothes fly off the rails, the music is good and cheeky levels are high. I greatly approve that you are camped out opposite the bandstand. No doubt I'll be watching some highlights on t' tele box, feet up in my slippers & shall look out for you (I remember my mam saying that to me & to our surprise, she did actually see me on tele!) :) :) :) xXx

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's lovely to see you rocking your cute dresses and shorts and also lovely to see you ready for the festivals season!. It must be Summer!
    Totally in love with your fabulous plans for the next weeks, festivals and a Greek holiday!. It sounds perfect!. Looking forward to read about all the fabulous adventures now that I'm back to blogosphere!
    besos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for leaving a message. Please don't be anonymous, I'd love it if you left a name (or a nom de plume).

Lots of love, Vix