I've been tagged so many times lately I thought it'd be rude to put it off any longer. If you don't want to plough through all my answers (and I don't blame you if you don't)you can always admire my fabulous new-to-me original 1970s wood platforms I won on eBay last week.
I have to post 11 random things about myself.
- I've been an extra in a zombie film. http://www.ispitonyourrave.com/
- The furthest I've travelled from home is Gili Air, off the coast of Lombok, Indonesia.
- The Stray Cats at Birmingham Odeon in 1979 was the first gig I ever went to when I was 13.
- I've never worn foundation.
- I became a vegetarian when I found out meat came from animals at the tender age of 18 months old. I've never eaten it since.
- I own every record ever released on vinyl by Blondie.
- When I was still at school and living at home I used to wait till my parents were in bed, sneak out of the house and go clubbing at The Nightingale, Birmingham's legendary gay club, until the early hours. I never got found out.
- I've been barred from more than one town centre pub for dancing on the bar.
- The first house I owned was in the red light district of town. I'd often be visited by the local pimps offering to make me rich.
- I was so jealous when my brother was born that I tipped him out of his carry cot, pushed his pram through a plate glass door and cut all the pom-poms off his clothes.
- At the V Festival a few years ago Jon and I went to see different bands and some scumbag roofie-d my beer, luckily I was rescued before anything untoward happened.
Here's Sandy's questions:
- What is your favourite dessert? I hate sweet food so (vegetarian) cheese and biscuits.
- If you could live in any decade which would it be and why? I already lived in my dream period (1966-1973) but was too young to remember much of it.
- What is your favourite Disney film? None, I can't stand that soppy crap.
- Who is your favourite historical person and why? Gandhi, the dude rocked.
- What is your favourite book? Shantarram by Gregory David Roberts.
- If you were given £1000 to spend in any one place, where would you choose? I'd fly to India, staying in heritage homes & Maharajah's palaces until the cash ran out.
- What is your favourite childhood memory? The long hot summer of 1976.
- If you could hold a dinner with only 2 other guests (dead or alive, celebrity or historical) who would they be? Rabindranath Tagore and Jimi Hendrix, the former for his wisdom and the latter for eye candy.
- What would you choose to be your last supper? If I was about to kick the bucket food would be the last thing on my mind.
- Name one beauty product you couldn't live without. Black eye liner.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? India because it's beautiful, colourful and has the best food and the most wonderful people on the planet.
Here are birthday girl, Sue's:
- What was the name of your first love? I'm not a sentimental sort so it'd have to be Oxfam.
- What was the first car you owned? I can't drive but I went halves with Jon and bought our first VW Camper van for our 40th birthdays in 2006.
- Who is your favourite TV character? Jax Teller from Sons Of Anarchy, a bad ass Hell's Angel with a heart.
- How did you meet your partner? I was playing pool with a couple of guys in our local biker-friendly pub, Jon was standing behind me asking someone about a song called "Soul Train" and couldn't remember who sung it. I yelled "Swansway" and the rest was history.
- What pisses you off the most? Bigotry and self pity.
- If you weren't living where you are now, where would you live and why? India because it's the best place in the world.
- What's your favourite drink? Either rose wine, India Pale Ale or Havana Club Rum with fresh lime and cola.
- Confess something naughty! When I was a penniless student I accepted an invitation to a posh restaurant for dinner from a man I didn't fancy, ate my dinner and escaped through the window in the ladies' toilet.
- If you could be reincarnated, who would you be and why? Helen, the legendary Bollywood vamp.
- What skill would you like to learn? I'd love to be able to drive but I know humanity is safer without me on the roads.
- If this was your last day on the planet, how would you spend it? At a music festival on a baking hot sunny day with good company, great music, unlimited alcohol and unadulterated hedonism.
Here are Claire's:
- Who is your most bizarre celebrity crush? Jarvis Cocker and Noel Fielding both make me go weak at the knees.
- What is/Would be your karaoke song? I murder Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves.
- If you could invent your own course and teach it, what would it be? Success at jumble sales & The art of dressing like a trollop.
- Zombie Apocalypse weapon of choice? No idea, I'd leave it to Jon, he's great in a crisis.
- What period in history would you most like to visit? I was around in the late sixties but I'd like to have been old enough to remember it.
- What's the most unusual food you've eaten? Probably that dodgy flapjack I bought from a hippy at Glasto which made me very silly.
- Have you met any celebrities? A few. The most exciting was Michael Lang, the guy who organised Woodstock. Also lots of musicians as the West Midlands is a veritable hot bed of rock stars plus eminent politicians, news readers and royalty from my days in corporate hospitality.
- How long have you been thrifting/op shopping/jumble sale-ing? Since I could walk. I inherited my passion for second-hand stuff from my Mum & Grandma so I've been dragged around such places since the 1960s.
- Which childhood cartoon/tv program scared you the most? Will 'O' The Wisp.
- What are 3 of your favourite books? Shantarram, God Of Small Things, White Tiger.
- What is your favourite film? Woodstock, the movie.
Here are Melanie's
- If you could go shopping in any era, which would it be? The late 1960s.
- Official other half aside, who would your dream date be? Mick Jagger circa 1969
- Who were/was the last band/artiste you saw live? Mogwai
- Do you have any phobias? Spiders.
- What is your favourite film? See previous answer.
- What is your favourite song? It changes all the time. Anything sung with passion and attitude.
- How tall are you (I have a near obsessive need to know how tall people are). Nowhere near tall enough.
- What is your earliest memory. Lying in my cot watching the wind blowing the curtains.
- Tea, or coffee? Both.
- Favourite literary character. Lin in Shantarram.
- Favourite actor/actress. Amitabh Bachchan and Sharmila Tagore.
|Saluki fake fur jacket (£2, car boot sale), Suede mini skirt (£2.50, part of a suit from eBay), Hindi tee and beaded earrings (India), Madeira embroidered basket (£1.95, Acorns Hospice), Wood platforms (£13.20, eBay)
Still awake? Don't worry I won't tag anyone else but feel free to answer as many questions you fancy.
Thanks for the wonderful gardening advice, I knew you'd be able to help.
See you soon.