Sunday 31 January 2010

Stepford Wife

Refashioned vintage nightdress and pinny (Jumble sale), TopShop pumps (Charity shop), Felt flower grip (Hand made)

Every so often even the most liberated girl just has to don a frilly pinny and get baking.
Banana, cinnamon and yogurt muffins:

DRY:
1/2 cup unrefined sugar
2 cups unbleached plain flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

WET:
1 cup low fat natural yogurt
1 medium free range egg
2 tablespoons skimmed milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 ripe bananas (chopped)

  • Combine the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients (minus bananas). 
  • Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix gently.
  • Stir in the bananas.
  • Spoon into a greased muffin tin and bake at 180 degrees Centigrade for 20-25 minutes.





12 comments:

  1. *sigh* I want to live in your house!!
    And I want your jewellery box! Can you do a post on your lovely jewels?

    Love the outfit, such a pretty nightdress, be a shame to just show it off in the bedroom! :)

    And I will be trying those muffins. Yum!

    X xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. god your house does look AMAZING! and so do those muffins, definitely want to try these out, great for breakfast i can imagine!

    Love the pinny, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You like a rock 'n roll housewife! I love it!

    What an amazing stove. I can imagine cooking is a joy on such a wonderful piece of kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very envious of your kitchen storage collection and that amazing stove! Can imagine you cooking away whilst wearing impractical but glamourous heels and a fab apron!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want your stove! You look so amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so amazing - tasty outfit and tasty cakes. Jealous! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. those muffins look delicious!


    http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. goes without saying that you look amazing

    and I shall be giving these a whirl myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. muffins look delish!..How do you stay so slim??? what are your secrets? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comments!
    The cooker's an Indesit and originally a temporary measure whilst we get round to restoring the original Rayburn. The project's become a bit of a labour of love and I must admit to being converted to the joys of a more modern kitchen appliance.
    The muffins are a great, not-too-naughty bake although I'm usually more of a savoury snacker.
    I've been the same size for ever. Don't know how or why 'cos I can eat for England.
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me again! I've left an award for you on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! they sound & look amazing! I love muffins :)

    & You have beautiful kitchen :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for leaving a message. Please don't be anonymous, I'd love it if you left a name (or a nom de plume).

Lots of love, Vix