Wednesday 3 February 2010

Orange Wednesday

There's nothing like a splash of colour for cheering up a dull day and after finding this orange Kate Moss playsuit for only £1 in the TopShop sale I was positively jumping for joy.

Not being a sweat pants and baggy tee-shirt kinda girl, I reckoned it would be the perfect thing for my Pilates and Yoga classes, comfy without sacrificing style.


Teamed with an angora boyfriend cardi, old school leotard, '80's leather belt, Mum's Aztec earrings and some stack heeled vintage ankle boots the whole outfit comes in at just over £6.


I made the bag out of a 1950's barkcloth curtain snaffled from a jumble sale. I've had the CND badge since I was a junior member.

11 comments:

  1. It looks fab on you. It's a difficult piece to pull off, imo, so well done you - very a la mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah. Bargaintastic! Yet you look a million dollars. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so ready for pilates in this outfit! Playsuits are near impossible to pull off but you really nailed it with this. Happy bending! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an amazing bargain. You suit the colour so much as well x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pilates? Ooh let me know all about it, I was thinking of joining a class as I need to get fit!

    £1 for a topshop playsuit....bargain!!!
    Lovely colour on your aswell.

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't approve of Kate Moss, usually, but buying one of her things for £1 is sheer brilliance! ;) Thank you for cheering me with that news, and you look AWESOME as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab as ever VV!

    C
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a find, I remember eyeing that up in topshop and refusing to pay what they were charging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks all!

    I'm with Miss Peelpants on the Kate Moss stuff. Yes, most of it is beautifully designed and La Moss has great style but if you like the look surely it's far better to buy vintage yourself and adapt it for a fraction of the cost of her gear?
    Luckily for me the local demographic prefer to aspire to the style of Jordan thus the Kate Moss stuff remains untouched in our local TopShop and slashed to the cost of an Oxfam frock.
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for leaving a message. Please don't be anonymous, I'd love it if you left a name (or a nom de plume).

Lots of love, Vix