Friday 5 February 2010

Katharine The Great

Today's outfit puts me in mind of Katharine Hepburn. 
Her minimal, pared-down style was a breath of fresh air in a generation where cleavage, curves and pouts were the norm. Originally her dress sense was considered ungainly and "unfeminine" but in time her unique style became the epitome of chic and eventually Katharine Hepburn was accepted as a worthy fashion icon.

 

My blouse is by Celia Birtwell and the refashioned peg-top linen pants were from a jumble sale.
Everything I'm wearing is vintage or second-hand.



11 comments:

  1. Really great outfit as usual Vix, have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this is my favourite of all your outfits so far! I love kathariine hepburn, I'd definitely pick her over Audrey anyday, she was such a goddess.

    The blouse is beautiful! Is it Celia Birtwell for Topshop? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Eleanor, it certainly is! I've been after it for a while and spotted it in Save The Children yesterday for £3.95. I was squealing with joy!
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You;'re right its very Katherine Hepburn, you look fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous outfit & styled to perfection!
    I love your trousers & the blouse is beautiful.
    ...xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those trousers on you the shape suits you and you are so lucky to find that blouse what a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Effortlessly elegant. Those shoes also deserve some love though: so, <3 the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those trousers. I am so sending you out on a shopping mission for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a glorious outfit. I do so love Katharine Hepburn.

    Tell us more about the bag please :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. absoloutly adore this outfit! incredible shirt x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for leaving a message. Please don't be anonymous, I'd love it if you left a name (or a nom de plume).

Lots of love, Vix